Photo by Jerry
The Southwest Wing was added in 1917. It included the sunroom on the first floor and the foster daughters' suite on the second floor. Imagine sitting in this room with the windows open...cool breezes flowing through. They did not have screens on their windows like we have today. The screens would have to be rolled down and fastened to keep the bugs from coming in.
Frank and Jane loved this room. Jane had bridge parties and luncheons in the room. Frank had some of his board meetings here.